Very cool! One of my most memorable moments was seeing a messenger right in front of me while I was targeted by a bow. I went ahead and lanced the messenger and his own corpse slowed me down and prevented me from getting hit by the arrow. Can't say that's ever happened to me in a game before!
Are you planning to update it at all? If so:
- I wish there was a first-arrow tutorial that explained that while the enemies aim their arrows ahead of you, you should aim right at where enemies are instead of how far you think they'll go forward, lol.
- My biggest stumbling block has been the clarity of what constitutes a non-enemy land obstacle, especially around encampments. If not for more obvious colors, I wish that the "V" key at least explained everything non-land, not only enemies.
- I wish F and V doubled as 0 and period as it would be great to play it all on the NumPad alone, one-handed.
- Be able to press "R" to quickly restart when you die.
- Zoomed-in full-screen with no vertical black space would be nice.
- The game doesn't actually say that you should head east lol. I tried heading south for a while and west and didn't understand what was going on. It should just wait to see what direction you first move in and require that to be the %-accumulating direction. That would be truly dynamic and unique.
- I would like a sound, like a horn or something, to indicate that an enemy horseman was called. I went through a dense area and must not have been paying attention because suddenly 4 horsemen came from the edges all at once and I didn't recall seeing that many messengers, lol.
- More voices would be nice so that my injury cry isn't the same as the enemies' death knells, haha. I'd be happy to contribute in this regard if desired.
- This might be pedantic: it's confusing for "Esc" to be in the keyboard controls menu in the bottom when pressing it doesn't actually do anything by default. Maybe "cancel examine/shoot" as its descriptor would work better.
- The menu itself hides enemies, which is risky for us against messengers. It would be nice if it was more translucent and less opaque.